It is very hard to manage greasy or oily scalp. When you add shampoo to get rid from oily scalp then the root becomes dry and if you use conditioner after shampooing to moisturize your hair then your scalp looks oily. So, what should you do for greasy scalp? Let us discuss some tips and ideas here in this article.
Generally, a greasy scalp occurs due to over production of sebaceous glands in the base of each hair strand. Sebum produces from the sebaceous gland due to the hormonal changes of puberty, pregnancy, and menopause. Also some environmental factors like pollution, humid weather can make a greasy scalp.
How to Treat a Greasy Scalp?
Try the following tips for treating a greasy scalp.
1. It is best to wash your hair with oil control shampoo in every two days. Avoid 2 in 1 products that are both a shampoo and conditioner.
2. Apply shampoo on scalp and if the ends of your hair looks dry then apply little conditioner there.
3. Before using any hair products follow the instruction carefully for getting healthy hair.
4. Rinse your scalp with astringent to reduce oil. Also you can rinse your hair thoroughly with lemon water to control oil.
5. Do not share hair brush, comb with others. Brush your hair carefully and comb it as little as possible.
6. Stress also a cause of oily scalp. So, reduce stress in your life by doing exercise yoga, meditation and deep breathing.
Still you are having greasy scalp then immediately consult with a dermatologist. Sometimes an oily scalp leads to seborrheic dermatitis is with white or yellow patches and it may affect your eyelids and behind the ears. Go for some better hair care products and medication to reduce oil from your scalp.